History of GCFJ:
Greater Cincinnati Friends of Jung (GCFJ) was started as a non-profit organization in 1989 by a small group of lay individuals interested in exploring the ideas of C.G. Jung. The present group evolved from an earlier group established in 1983.
In recent years, GCFJ has hosted such well known presenters as Anthony Stevens, Manisha Roy, William Willeford, Linda Leonard, Lee Roloff, John Giannini, Gary Sparks, Naomi Quenk, Dean Frantz, Louise Mahdi, Mary Dougherty, John Maxwell Taylor amd Ann Belford Ulanov.
In addition, Cincinnati analysts and analysts in training regularly present lectures and workshops.
Our video events have included:
- Way of the Dream (co-sponsor)
- Wisdom of the Dream
- Bly and Woodman on Men and Women (co-sponsor)
- Matter of Heart
- Hasten Slowly - the journey of Sir Laurens van der Post
- Sense of the Sacred - a portrait of Helen Luke
- Appointment with the Wise Old Dog
An eight week course at OLLI (Osher Lifelong Learning Institute) entitled "Presenting the Ideas of C.G.Jung " has been taught by committee members for over ten years.